Barcelona manager Luiz Enrique
has admitted that his team were lucky to escape defeat against Atletico
Madrid on Tuesday, February 7, at Camp Nou.
However, the 46-year-old insisted that his side deserve to be in the Copa del Rey final for the fourth consecutive season.
Speaking after the game, Enrique said his team deserves to be in the
final because of what they have done in the competition before tonight.
He said: "It was tough and difficult, but we have to be very happy.
"Evidently not because of how we played, but because the team is continuing to make history.
"The
result is deceptive. Across the 90 minutes we did not deserve this
result, but we deserve to be in the final because of what we've done in
the competition before tonight.
Kevin
Gameiro cancelled out Luis Suarez's first-half goal in an action-packed
1-1 draw at Camp Nou as Barcelona progressed 3-2 on aggregate.
Gameiro had earlier missed a penalty, too, and Diego Simeone's side came close to taking the tie into extra time late on.
There
were also red cards for Suarez and Sergi Roberto - who will both now be
suspended for the final pending possible appeals and another for
Atletico's Yannick Carrasco.

No comments
Post a Comment